NEXT STEP VRTUAL
Engineering and Technical Visualization
ABOUT NEXT STEP VRTUAL
Next Step VRtual exists to help our clients visualize industrial facilities better such that our clients can solve technical problems and build their facilities or modifications to facilities with less rework. Our founding partners have more than 40 years of engineering experience and are constantly striving to come up with efficient ways to solve technical problems. As part of this commitment, Next Step VRtual now offers a service to create an interactive and user-friendly Virtual Reality model of any facility.
This is a to-scale, easy to navigate 3D environment that lets you walk through a lifelike model of your facility. This Virtual Reality walkthrough can be used for many applications, such as remotely viewing an existing plant; reviewing planned modifications to an existing plant; or designing a future plant. This Virtual Experience is also available on tablets where it can be very easily used and sent to field personnel or clients.
Creating a VR model with Next Step VRtual allows you to improve efficiency and save money in many areas of your projects. We can quickly convert your existing 3D model into a VR model. As part of the creation of Virtual Reality Models we can assist in the following services:
DESIGN REVIEWS / HAZ-OP REVIEWS PRIOR TO CONSTRUCTION
- The user-friendly Virtual Reality environment enables anyone to navigate through the model after only two minutes of training.
- The user is in a to-scale environment, so they can easily tell if there are any operational issues with a facility prior to construction. This review can also be used to find potential areas for cost savings or hazards in your design.
- Our VR system is mobile! This means that instead of relying on a one-day design review, the Operations Departments can take their time at the field location and spend the necessary time and energy to find all deficiencies prior to construction. This reduces the amount of scope changes during Construction and reduces your construction cost.
- Lighting Reviews can also be conducted to ensure that adequate amounts of lights are installed for night-time operation.
FACILITATED MAINTENANCE REVIEWS
Next Step VRtual helps complete facilitated Maintenance Reviews of facilities. These reviews are very much like Haz-Op Reviews but focused on the Maintenance of the facility. The facilitator will systematically go through the different Maintenance tasks and determine whether all of the maintenance requirements of the plant can be met. This reduces costs during construction and after start-up to reduce the Total Installed Cost of a facility.
CONSTRUCTION AND SAFETY REVIEWS
- Constructability Reviews can be aided by walking through the 3D model and seeing how components will be constructed.
- Interference Checks can be completed in the model, making sure that the equipment you want to install can be installed and is not interfering with existing equipment or new equipment. This is especially important when there are multiple engineering contractors working on the same facility. This review can be used for clash detection.
- Cranes and Scaffolding can be inserted into the model to evaluate construction requirements and scoping.
- Safety Reviews can be completed by reviewing what the actual layout will be once it is constructed. If necessary, changes can be made before construction starts, which is less expensive than making these changes after construction has been completed.
SCOPING AND TURNAROUND PLANNING
Using VR Design Reviews for scoping allows you to see your scope and determine the best scope for your facility. This leads to clearly defined scopes and improved pricing. Scoping with VR also reduces field trips to sites, which saves on your project costs and allows more projects to be completed off-site.